Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Friday, February 25, 2005

Little Soldier

Little Soldier



Hello Little Soldier,
Tell me where you've been.
It can't be far, you have no car
For your only nine, or ten.

Tell me, Little Darlin,
Where did you get that gun?
Your tiny hands stretch to span,
What I see, to you, is fun.

And in your lovely, little face,
Is the sweetest smile of death.
But hollow are your pretty eyes',
And haunted is your breath.

Come here, my Little Soldier.
Sit, and tell me things.
Do you mind, what you find?
Can you even dream?

I need you, Tiny Warrior,
To explain it all to me.
I have no way to understand,
The world my eyes have seen.

A childs' life is so simple.
And a soldiers' life is too.
Tell me in your childs voice,
What can a woman do?

Why do you point your gun at me?
My children are your age.
But they do not have your eyes'.
So full of death and rage.

Why is it you won't speak to me?
I only wish to save,
A life so strong, and vital,
A life so early brave.

Can I hold you, Little Soldier?
Can I rock away your pain?
Please, dont pull that trigger.
There is nothing there to gain.

Oh God! I understand now.
Your orders have come through.
Please Little Soldier!
Think of what you do!

Man, itself, betrayed you!
Once you left the womb.
Man,himself, has trapped you,
Into a childs' tomb!

And women, too, betrayed you.
Because we can't fight back.
But if you kill me child,
You will kill the hope you lack.

I see now, Little Soldier.
You can not be stopped.
Your eyes are dead, and face so red,
And the death of Man is cocked.

Even as I feel it, child,
I beg you look away.
I can not see your pretty face,
As you do what men say.


Christy Cole

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter