Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Novak Says He Had Better Sources Than Bush On Iraqi WMD…


Think Progress December 24, 2005 at 01:24 AM
READ MORE: George W. Bush, Saddam Hussein, CIA, Iraq
From thinkprogress.org

BLITZER: What was so bad about going in and getting rid of Saddam Hussein?

NOVAK: It was wonderful getting rid of him. I'd like to get rid of a lot of dictators, but we can't send the U.S. military around the world to get rid of every dictator.

The question was, was it necessary in the national interest?

BLITZER: Was it?

NOVAK: I didn't think it was. I didn't think it at the time. Because I said several times on this network that there were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.

BLITZER: How did you know that and the president of the United States, the vice president of the United States were convinced that there were apparently?

NOVAK: Because my sources -- I don't run my own CIA. My sources didn't think there were, in the military, people I trusted.

And the indication by the inspectors indicated there was no weapons. But the point...

Read the transcript here.

READ WHOLE STORY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter