Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

THE GRINCH THAT STOLE AMERICA


Since I was flashing back to 1940 yesterday I thought this was kind of interesting. I bet you didn't know that Dr. Seuss (Theodor Seuss Geisel, 1904-1991) did political cartoons in the early 1940's. This one caught my eye and I wondered if Mr. Geisel was alive today, would he have substituted the face of Adolph Hitler for that of George W. Bush or Dick Cheney? Even back in May of 1941, when this cartoon was created the idea of dissent and free assembly was a given a right of free man in the United States. Today that freedom is being taken away from us via the Patriot Act and a host of other things that violates our civil liberties. I wonder what Dr. Seuss would have had to say, in his political cartoons, about the situation in America today?

Link Here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter