Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Friday, March 24, 2006

Ok Rossi. I take it back. Not EVERYTHING I have wrote lately is crap.

.

For My Beloved Louisiana


Katrina, Katrina, wash me away.
Cry me a river and flood the bay.
Float me the hope of rescue one day.
As you drown my love and send me astray.

Bring history to bear on open shores.
Bring back thy fathers from distant wars.
Bring back to me The Empire I love.
Katrina, Katrina. What have you done?

On waves of memory comes back the child.
Left to die, alone in the wild.
The old are gone, all washed away.
The day Katrina had her say.

North winds blow and south winds blew.
The bayous weep, they still do.
They lie in wait for better days.
Where better dreams once were slaves.

Katrina, Katrina. Wash us away.
Kill our tommorrows and savage our way.
Change the heart of a nation in less than a day.
Katrina. Katrina. Wash me away.


By Christy Cole



.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kangaroo Brisbane Australia said...

That ma girl, good for you. as rachel says keep it coming

24/3/06 4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter