Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Friday, May 12, 2006

Help Protect Us All - Join Me at YearlyKOS

by Michael Schiavo
Fri May 12, 2006 at 11:09:36 AM PDT

Nearly half of Americans (49%) approved of George Bush's job performance before he and other right-wing politicians tried to score political points from my deeply personal family tragedy.
If you believe in polls, the President has never recovered.

The President's respect and popularity took a fatal hit from their illegal and unprecedented attempts to use politics to block me from fulfilling Terri's wishes. For the first time, Americans saw leaders in our government selling our individual rights and ignoring the law just because they thought they knew better.

Michael Schiavo's diary :: ::

It was a shameful public display by a breed of politician who use the power of government for no other aim than to gain more power. Since then, these same right-wing leaders in our government have ordered eavesdropping on Americans, compiled the world's largest collection of private information on Americans and released savage personal and political attacks on their opponents.

Believe me; I know what those attacks are like - I have to be among the most investigated men in America.

Their attacks on me, Ambassador Joe Wilson and others are equal parts fiction and intensity. They are as relentless as they are baseless. And they have only one aim - discredit those who would question what our government is doing.

Of course, the easiest thing to do now would be to walk away and move on. But the most dangerous time is now - after the headlines have faded. If Americans forget what happened, not only could it happen again, these politicians would escape the accountability our democracy demands.
That's why I've started TerriPAC - a national political committee dedicated to fighting for our rights and holding the politicians accountable who played politics with my life and would do the same to you. We've already supported and contributed to several candidates and leaders who know the difference between running a country and running our lives.

But I'm writing this today to let you know that TerriPAC is sending me to Las Vegas to attend the YearlyKOS convention! At the convention, I've been invited to host a round-table discussion about the politics surrounding my case, the right-wing's growing threat to our privacy and what we can do about it.

I hope you'll join me at YearlyKOS because unless we work to change the culture of our government by demanding that today's leaders return to defending the rights of individuals and families, or elect new leaders who will, I fear that other Americans will quickly find their privacy and freedoms sold to the highest political bidder.

Link Here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter