Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Friday, May 05, 2006

*Stephen Colbert's new parody song



Jackson Thoreau:

*Stephen Colbert's new parody song

Here's a parody song that I recently sent to Stephen Colbert - if he doesn't want to sing it, he could do what a lot of stars do and lip sync it or just say the words as Bush would if he tried to sing.

It's sung to the tune of "What a Wonderful World" by Sam Cooke. New York songwriter Joel Landy rewrote the words shortly after Bush stole the White House, and I recently updated the words.

To those who think liberal/progressive types should stick to more serious topics, many writers and comedians, from Twain to Orwell to Colbert, have recognized that satire is one of our best weapons to expose the hypocrisy and lies of the powerful. I can just see Colbert singing something like this at the next White House correspondent's dinner attended by Bush and Laura. That is, IF the Bushes ever attend another one and IF Colbert is ever invited back. Maybe he can sneak in by using Gannon's media credentials.....

Don't know much ‘bout hist’ry,
Don't know much fer’n policy,
Don't know much ‘bout the troops who died,
Don’t know why it matters that I lied.
But I do know who has paid my way,
For corp'rate int'rests and the NRA,
What a wonderful world this will be.

Don't know much ‘bout the Patriot Act,
Don't know much ‘bout Iran and Iraq,
Don't know much ‘bout prison abuse,
In Texas we just used a noose.
But there's one thing that I know f’sure,
If the rich stay rich and po’ stay po’,
What a wonderful world this will be.

I never claimed to be an A student,
But I don't have to be,
If you have deep pockets and sell NU-KU-LAR rockets
You're a friend of my famileeeeeeeeee…...

Don't know much ‘bout air pollution,
Don't know much ‘bout the Constitution,
Don't care much for solar energy,
There's nothing in it for m’friends and me.
And if we can't find any on our serl
We can go to war and get more earl,
And what a wonderful world this will be.

Don't know much ‘bout the public schools,
Don't know much ‘bout playing by the rules,
Don't know why the inner cities fail,
Why can't folks get Dad to pay for Yale?
And if my cheating that is causing you to lose
Is never covered by the ev’nin’ news,
What a wonderful world this will be.

I never claimed to be an A student,
But I don't have to be,
If you have a broda who's Flor’da guv’na,
The result's no mystereeeeeeee…….

Don't know much ‘bout being a uniter,
Don't know much ‘bout that big jet fighter,
Don't know 'bout paying a debt,
I ne’er had to pay one yet.
But if I control voting machines,
I will reach my empire dreams,
And what a wonderful world this will beeeeeeeeee…..

[Leave with a big smirk flashing the victory signs, a la Nixon, saying, "Yeeee-hawwwwww!!!!! Thanks ye, and Gard bless ya, garddammit!!! Polls? What low poll numbers? I am not a crook!"]
Link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter