Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Conservative Richard Perle: I Didn't Want Iraq Criticism Published Before Elections...

The National Review November 5, 2006 12:45 PM

Vanity Fair has rushed to publish a few sound bites from a lengthy discussion with David Rose. Concerned that anything I might say could be used to influence the public debate on Iraq just prior to Tuesday's election, I had been promised that my remarks would not be published before the election.

I should have known better than to trust the editors at Vanity Fair who lied to me and to others who spoke with Mr. Rose. Moreover, in condensing and characterizing my views for their own partisan political purposes, they have distorted my opinion about the situation in Iraq and what I believe to be in the best interest of our country.

Read the entire story here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter