Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Unforgettable Week

FREEDOM, FREEDOM, DON'T YOU JUST LOVE THEIR FREEDOM? WE'LL NEVER FORGET YOUR FREEDOM, GEORGIE

Treasure of Baghdad

It has been almost two weeks since I talked to Ahmed, one of my best friends, who lives in my neighborhood. I received an email from him. To be honest, I don’t know whether I should be happy or sad after reading this email. On one hand I am happy because he is alive and on the other I am sad because of the content of this email that broke my heart. His email was all about what he went through for the last week. He is left alone with no friends around him. All of us left and now he is just so miserable living in the most dangerous spot on earth. His words broke my heart especially the part where he said he had to sit in the garden by himself where we all used to gather. The situation in my neighborhood is deteriorating, he said. The Mahdi army and the armed men are the only controlling power there. Iraqi Police and army are just names they hear about and have never seen there to protect the neighborhood and its people...

continua / continued

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter