Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Dem Sen. Bayh Drops Out Of '08 Race After Obama Frenzy Eclipses Him In NH...

Associated Press Nedra Pickler December 16, 2006 08:40 AM

Democratic Sen. Evan Bayh (news, bio, voting record) of Indiana will not seek the presidency in 2008, saying he believes the odds of a successful run were too great to overcome.

"At the end of the day, I concluded that due to circumstances beyond our control the odds were longer than I felt I could responsibly pursue," Bayh said in a statement Saturday. "This path -- and these long odds -- would have required me to be essentially absent from the Senate for the next year instead of working to help the people of my state and the nation."

READ FULL STORY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter