Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Saturday, December 16, 2006

WHAT DID YOU DO DURING THE WAR?


Malcom Lagauche

Human nature is very encompassing. Sometimes, we see people working for good causes, but they extract a heavy price in publicity to satisfy their egos. Other times, we see people who perform great deeds in an almost anonymous fashion. Rarely, however, do we see a person conduct extraordinary actions without self-publicity at the age of 16. Today’s article will be about such a person. In 1996, a friend called me and said, "You won’t believe what I just saw at school (San Diego City College). There is a photo exhibition showing the destruction of the Amiryah Bomb Shelter." I asked, "Who’s putting it on?" My friend replied, "A student. His name is Chris Martin." Before I talk about Martin, let me refresh your memories about the bombing of the Amiryah Shelter. On February 14, 1991, the U.S. bombed this civilian bomb shelter in Baghdad with two 2,000-pound bombs which were specially made to penetrate the thick walls of the structure...

continua / continued

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter