Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Saturday, January 20, 2007



By John Pilger

John Pilger returns to his homeland, Australia, and described the social regression of a once proud liberal democracy and says that the flag-waving "values" of the neo-con prime minister may be coming unstuck in Guantanamo Bay.

###

However, it is one man, David Hicks, a spectacular loser in the new Australia, who now threatens Howard's "lucky" facade. Hicks was found among the Taliban in Afghanistan in 2001 and sold as bounty to the Americans by CIA-backed warlords. He has spent more than five years in Guantánamo Bay, including eight months in a cell with no sunlight. He has been tortured, and never charged with any crime. Howard and his attorney-general, Philip Ruddock, have refused even to request Hicks's repatriation, as is his constitutional right, because there are no Australian laws under which Hicks can be charged. Their cruelty is breathtaking. A tenacious campaign by his father, Terry, has ignited a kind of public shame that is growing.

Continue

3 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

Hello love, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I just got my new comp online and THANK GOD there is no parental stops on it.

Still have not downloaded a messenger yet or accessed email, but that is priority.

That kids start up comp was killin me.

I am sure I have 2000 unread messages in my mail and most of them are probably some nigerian royal that has banking probs and needs my help.

Sooooo...?

How was your birthday and did you get anything good?

I have some presents for you that I will be shipping next friday.

BTW, my old number is now hooked up at my new house and OMG this place is fantastic!!

I love you baby, am going to see about downloading a messenger right now.

WHHOOOOHOOOOO!!! I missed my girl, I am so glad to finally leave a freaking message.

Soon darlin.

20/1/07 8:10 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Police match image of Litvinenko's real assassin with his death-bed description

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-2556377,00.html

Holy Freaking Wow.

20/1/07 9:01 PM  
Blogger Kangaroo Brisbane Australia said...

Thank God your Back, Man did I miss you.

20/1/07 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter