Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Samir Ibraheem, Iraq “We were 21 students and today I’m the only one in class”

IRIN

BAGHDAD, 29 Jan 2007 (IRIN) - "I’m 11 years old and an only son. I’m a pupil at Mansour Primary School in Baghdad. Lately, I have been feeling very lonely in my class. This week, I was the only student in class because all my classmates didn’t come to school for various reasons."Since last September, three of my classmates have been kidnapped and two have been killed. One was murdered with his family at home and the other was a victim of a bomb explosion a month ago."The others have either fled to Jordan and Syria with their families or their relatives have prohibited them from coming to school for fear that something might happen to them.

continua / continued

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter