Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Friday, February 09, 2007

"The Speech That Made the US Hate Saddam", Iran Fund and more

karlmarxwasright

In the following article/link, with the above heading, "The Speech That Made the US Hate Saddam," I have to thank the author of this current article for filling in a mystery about which I have pondered a long time. The speech you will read was made in February, 1990 at an Arab Summit in Amman, Jordan, prior to the FIRST war against Iraq. When that war broke out, I tried and tried, in vain, to remember an article I had read not too long before referring to an Arab conference and a reference to Hussein's threat/promise/warning/proposal to STOP depositing or to withdraw oil funds in Western banks. Unfortunately, those were the days before the internet, and, I could not remember details, the source of the information, the name of the conference, etc. So, I didn't know how or where to begin a search. Well, from the above/following article, clearly, this must have been THE conference...

continua / continued

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter