Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Gonzales: I "Was Not Involved In Any Discussions" Of Firings..Gonzales: I "Was Not Involved In Any Discussions" Of Firings....

New Docs Show AG Discussed And Approved Plan

Reid: Gonzales Will Be Gone In A Month, "One Way Or Another"... Bush Re-affirms Support For Embattled AG... A Five-Step Plan To Oust US Attorneys... Aide To Testify

On March 13, in explaining the firings, Gonzales told reporters he was aware that some of the dismissals were being discussed but was not involved in them.

"I knew my chief of staff was involved in the process of determining who were the weak performers -- where were the districts around the country where we could do better for the people in that district, and that's what I knew," Gonzales said last week. "But that is in essence what I knew about the process; was not involved in seeing any memos, was not involved in any discussions about what was going on. That's basically what I knew as the attorney general."

READ FULL STORY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter