Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Friday, March 16, 2007


A Nabob Replies
I'm afraid I don't quite understand the criticism voiced in this recent article by Layla Anwar on Uruknet: Enough is Enough. Aside from the very valid point that only Iraqis have the best understanding of what is happening in their country, I find most of her scattershot attack "too cunning to be understood," as the saying goes (...) Again, I don't live in Iraq; Anwar does. If I were there, and a native of the land, I too might lash out at anyone even remotely associated with those who have brought such death and destruction to my country. I too might feel that even those in the aggressor's country who speak out against the aggression are still somehow tainted by it, still "part of the package." So it's not my intention to get into a slanging match with Anwar, for whom I have nothing but good wishes for the safety of her and her family, and for an end to the agony that Bush and Blair have brought to her people. However, when my work is publicly misrepresented in such an egregious way, I do think a brief reply is in order to set the record straight...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter