Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Bush to Democrats: do not 'test my will' on Iraq

Georgie go wank yourself, that's all your good for, Loser.

Source: AFP
Bush to Democrats: do not 'test my will' on Iraq 23 minutes ago

CAMP DAVID, United States (AFP) - President George W. Bush warned Democrats Friday not to "test my will" by passing new legislation on a US troop pullout from Iraq after he vetoes a bill passed by Congress this week.

Bush invited Democrats and leaders of his Republican Party to discuss a way out of their standoff soon after he strikes down the bill, which ties 124 billion dollars in war funds to a withdrawal that would start on October 1.

"And if the Congress wants to test my will as to whether or not I'll accept the timetable for withdrawal, I won't accept one," he told a news conference at his retreat in Camp David, Maryland, alongside Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.

"So if they want to try again that which I have said was unacceptable, then of course I'll veto it," Bush said.

"But I hope it doesn't come to that. I believe we can work a way forward. And I think we can come to our senses and make sure that we get the money to the troops in a timely fashion," he said.

Link Here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter