Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Despair...

Layla Anwar - An Arab Woman Blues
I feel terribly sad today. A grey kind of sadness that is enveloping me, shutting out any rays of light, any rays of hope.. Two things are weighing heavily on my heart today. And in no order of priority, the first is the in killing, in fighting between the Palestinians. I have always prayed that it will never come to this. Hoping against hope that reason will prevail. But it seems that reason has no place in the Middle East. Palestinians killing each other is a Nakba. A true Nakba. What will happen next? Will they divide what remains of the West Bank into statelets, to be shared amongst the tribal chieftains? Israel is behind all of this (...) Which brings me to the second thing that feels like a stone on my chest. A report just came out stating that Iraq is on the verge of total collapse. The report mentions civil war, several of them, taking place in different parts of the country. And more statelets are in the making. This is what Israel wants, this is what Iran wants, this is what America wants.I knew that the country is on the verge of collapse. I believe it has already collapsed. But seeing it black on white, confirmed by some British think tank (as if the Brits were not behind it too) drives that factual reality even deeper. Iraqis killing Iraqis, Palestinians killing Palestinians, Lebanese killing Lebanese...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter