Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Friday, May 25, 2007

McCain Returns To Senate After Missing 46 Votes

Congressional Quarterly Michael Sandle May 25, 2007 02:12 PM
These days, it's a rare moment when John McCain shows up for a vote in the Senate. But he makes no apologies for attending to his presidential ambitions -- not even to his leaders, who may be wondering whether the Arizona Republican is going to be around for key votes during the 110th Congress.
Asked whether he's made any promises to Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., on that score, McCain wasn't particularly forthcoming.
"I have assured the leadership I will do everything I can," he said. "I ran for president once before in 2000, and I basically did what I could, and I'm doing what I can."

READ FULL STORY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter