Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Thursday, July 12, 2007

British Military Denies Releasing Killer Badgers Into Iraqi City

BBC News July 12, 2007 03:16 PM
British forces have denied rumours that they released a plague of ferocious badgers into the Iraqi city of Basra.
Word spread among the populace that UK troops had introduced strange man-eating, bear-like beasts into the area to sow panic.
Yes, I know, I know, it's one of those ridiculous stories which capture the attention of journalists in the heat of the summer when everything's going to you know where. But I can't help myself. No, not Paris Hilton. I am enthralled by the story of the giant man-eating badgers of Basra. Despite the rumor mill and the tiresome debunking, I really doubt that the British troops have released these giant man-eating badgers into Basra (...) Oh, and for what it's worth the stories about the giant man-eating badgers of Basra are probably better grounded in reality than the absurdist "progress report" released by the Bush administration today...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter