Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Soldier says he was ordered to shoot unarmed man

Source: The News & Observer (Raleigh, NC)By KATARINA KRATOVAC, Associated Press WriterBAGHDAD - A U.S. soldier testified Thursday that he was ordered to shoot an unarmed Iraqi man, then his sergeant, from North Carolina, laughed and told the trooper to finish the job as the man convulsed on the ground...."He asked me if I was ready. I had the pistol out. I heard the word shoot. I don't remember pulling the trigger. It took me a second to realize that the shot came from the pistol in my hand," he said, crying and speaking barely above a whisper.Vela said that as the Iraqi man was convulsing on the ground, "Hensley laughed about it and hit the guy on the throat and said shoot again.""After he (the Iraqi man) was shot, Sgt. Hensley pulled an AK-47 out of his rucksack and said, 'this is what we are going to say happened,'" Vela said. He was dismissed from the witness stand to compose himself.
LinkHere

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter