Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Holiday Blues...

I think last Christmas and this one are the worst I have ever experienced...
I did not celebrate the Eid, and will not be celebrating Christmas either. There is nothing to celebrate.
Thousands of lambs have been slaugthered, and the blood of Jesus has not stopped dripping by the gallons.
I did not even dare call the Christian side of the family and wish them anything.
I just sent a message with "God protect us all."
I know that Christmas is a difficult time for a few people. Different reasons.
Family gatherings are not always pleasurable, they may bring back memories of a family one had always wished was different...Some people don't even have a family to celebrate with. And some have been in grief for what seems like an eternity, and they no longer have the heart for anything, anymore...
I belong to the last category. Not only me, but most of the people I know, at least most of the people that surround my little world.
My little world that has shrunk to the computer and minimal contact with the outside. The mental and physical ghetto like existence...where all the bridges have been burned and where we are all hanging by a thread...
Frankly, even writing this is too difficult for me...my fingers force themselves on that keyboard, only because the words have been knocking wanting to get out...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter