Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Saturday, January 05, 2008

What I Told My Sons About Last Night

The instant Barack Obama is elected president.

That instant, the world will look at us differently.

Obama's Victory Speech

Over the last seven years, it's often been hard to be filled with national pride. It required a lengthy explanation: "I love my country, but hate what my government is doing. I'm proud to be an American, but not proud of things happening in the name of America."
Well, I have never been prouder to be an American than I was last night. Watching Obama's speech took me back to my childhood in Chicago, going downtown with my mother to take part in civil rights demonstrations.
Last night, I was the parent, explaining to my sons that they were witnessing a groundbreaking moment in the history of our country. A moment filled with promise, and hope, and the power to remake America's tattered image in an instant. The instant Barack Obama is elected president. That instant, the world will look at us differently.
I can't wait.
LinkHere
Kangaroo said::January 4, 2008 6:26 PM

It was beautiful to watch. And now that he has a REAL chance, everything is subject to change.

Can you imagine it happening with the world watching on, Man just Obama taking the White House would take away so much of the Ugly feelings for America around the world, and knock Osama and the Terrorists on their asses big time. They won't have Georgie to feed hatred around the world, to help them in bringing more terrorists into the fold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter