Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Friday, February 01, 2008

This must be Love.

Layla Anwar, Uncensored Arabwomanblues
I am not a politician, am not a poet, nor am I a writer...Am just a survivor. And like every survivor, we seek little things... Sentences here and there. Maybe a poetry line, a piece of music, a work of art, the eyes of a stranger that bring on a sense of familiarity, a memory, a song, an embrace or a heartbeat...A heartbeat and the heart breaks open and says "finally".And the heart breaks open and sighs...or sheds a few silent tears. Let your heart breathe - Open it. I have to keep the lid on most of the time, because am a survivor. Am a survivor of many things I will not share with you. I can't afford to unlock the bolted door. I need to keep going...but occasionally...There is a popular saying that goes - you will never realize how much you love something/someone until you lose it, her, him. This is very true. This is why I believe it is important not to take anyone or anything for granted. Especially, not those you love. And I absolutely love Iraq. I never realized how much I loved Her until I lost Her... continua / continued

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter