Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Glee of Satisfaction....

Layla Anwar, An Arab Woman Blues
I just love it when am proven right. Not because am pompous or anything, but because it means that what I happen to see is correct and not some figment of my imagination. After all, with all the bullshit I read on blogs and even on my own comment section, I do ask myself questions. But then, an article appears just in time to confirm my initial vision. In my post Surreal Concidences dated May 28th, 08 -- I textually said there will be a breakthrough between Hezbollah and Israel on the Shabaa farms as these are tied in with Syria. And guess what ? Olmert is hoping for talks with Lebanon and ...now the hot piece of news -- Hezbollah willing to negotiate over Shabaa farms...
LinkHere
Reuters
Prime Minister Ehud Olmert told his cabinet on Tuesday he hoped Lebanon would follow Syria in opening talks on peace with Israel, a political source said. "Just as we started talks with Syria, I would hope it would be possible to start talks with Lebanon," the source quoted Olmert as saying. Israel and long-time enemy Syria have been holding indirect talks under Turkish auspices and further meetings in Turkey are expected later this week...Under a deal mediated last month, Hezbollah agreed to join a Lebanese national unity government in which it is guaranteed effective veto power.... continua / continued
Hezbollah officials have reportedly told French President Nicolas Sarkozy that the group is not opposed to a diplomatic solution to the Shaba Farms dispute, according to a report published in the London-based Arabic daily Al-Hayat on Monday. This would mean a departure from the Shi'ite militia's traditional policy on the matter, which has been to support the use of force in order to return the 8 square mile disputed area in the Golan Heights.... continua / continued

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter