Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Thursday, September 25, 2008

"They have destroyed my future, my soul.



An Afghan journalist held for nearly a year in Afghanistan said Tuesday he would stop at nothing to get justice to compensate for the "hell" he went through at the torturing hands of the U.S. military. Jawed Ahmad, a 22-year-old reporter who worked for Canadian TV (CTV), was detained Oct. 26, 2007, at a NATO base near the southern city of Kandahar. He was initially labeled by the U.S. military as "an unlawful enemy combatant" but was released 11 months later without charge. Ahmad was accused of having contact with Taliban leaders, including possessing their telephone numbers and video footage of them..."I was tortured and jailed for 11 months and 20 days for doing nothing," he said in Kabul. "They have destroyed my future, my soul"...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter