Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Georgia voters stand in line for 12 hours

Patricia Lewis would not be deterred by an hours-long wait that kept her at the Frank Bailey Senior Center in Riverdale, Georgia deep into the night to cast her vote."I vote every election, and I couldn't pass this one up," she said to WSB-TV. "I think about my dad and all the struggles that he went through, and for me to vote again... it's amazing.""I stand in long lines to shop," she added. "Six hours to vote...nothing."Voters in Clayton County, Georgia reportedly waited in line between eight and twelve hours on Monday, in some cases into early Tuesday morning. The county's election supervisor Annie Bright blamed the state for the delays, citing computer problems, while the Secretary of State's office lodged the blame back to the county."I feel good," said poll worker Beatrice Lyons, who was on her 18th hour, but excited to see the turnout. "They can just come on--stay all night long. I'll be right here." LinkHEre

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter