Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Iraq Vet With Brain Injury Speaks In Devastating Senate Ad

Tom Udall, the Democratic running for the open U.S Senate seat in New Mexico, released an ad on Thursday that may be remembered as the most poignant and moving of the cycle.
Entitled "Humbled," the spot features the testimony of Army Sergeant Erik Schei, who was gravely injured by in Iraq and is now forced to communicate through a speaking aid. Describing how he was hit by sniper fire, he recounts:
"The doctors said I wouldn't survive. But I am still here. And I am getting better. I want to thank Tom Udall for getting more funding for treatment of brain trauma for veterans. For me, that means...everything."
"Humbled"

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I've seen a lot of posts about this topic lately. I even saw one on a Los Angeles brain injury attorneys blog that said the number of these cases went up over 200% in the last year. What a mess that it's created.

23/7/09 4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter