Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Friday, October 23, 2009

Bush: "I Did Not Sell My Soul"

Manhattanite
How could he sell something he did not posess in the first place?

As part of a Canadian cross-country speaking tour, George W. Bush reminisced about the years of his presidency on Thursday, at a $400-a-seat steak luncheon. The tour is organized in part, The Vancouver Sun reports, to promote his upcoming memoir, and if this speech is any indicator of what's to come, the book will be thin on regrets.

"I am confident that I made decisions based on principle, that I made calls as best I could, and I did not sell my soul," Bush told an audience of about 1,000 men and women...
(If "I did not sell my soul" is not fodder for Bush's upcoming motivational speaking gig, I'm not sure what is.)

He did mention regretting standing in front of the "Mission Accomplished" banner in 2003. The Sun reports: LinkHere

They are paying him 150,000 per speech?
Shoes fly as George W. Bush speaks in Montreal
Source: The Vancouver Sun

MONTREAL — About 300 protesters outside a downtown hotel blew plastic horns, tossed shoes and burned George W. Bush in effigy Thursday as the former U.S. president spoke to a luncheon of the Montreal Board of Trade.

Facing the crowd were dozens of Montreal police tactical squad members and while there was plenty of noise, there were only five arrests and no injuries.

Inside the regal Fairmont Queen Elizabeth Hotel, a relaxed-appearing Bush spoke with very few regrets about some of the most controversial moves of his presidency.

"I am confident that I made decisions based on principle, that I made calls as best I could, and I did not sell my soul," Bush told an audience of about 1,000 men and women at the $400-a-seat steak luncheon. LinkHere

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter