Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Saturday, November 07, 2009

"I Object": Tom Price Tries To Shut Down Democratic Congresswomen

On Saturday morning, a group of House Republicans -- led by Rep. Tom Price (R-Georgia) -- attempted to stop the Democratic Women's Caucus from making their arguments about how the health bill would benefit women by screaming over them.

Rep. Lois Capps (D-Calif.) only had time to say "Mr. Speaker, I ask unanimous consent to--," before Price shouted "I object." The presiding chair, Rep. John Dingell (D-Mich.) made gestures to maintain control, declaring that "the request is not yet before the House" and that Price was "out of order," to little effect. Capps attempted to go on, but Price continued shouting "I object! I object! I object!"

Friking Wanker, These dickheads are supposed to be representing the citizens of their states, unfrikingbelievable!!!!!!!

The same shouting tactics were used on Rep. Mary Jo Kilroy (D-Ohio), who asked angrily, "Do I not have the right to be able to continue my sentence without objections that are trying to censor my remarks here on the floor that I have a right to make as a member of this House?"

Watch the compilation reel that Think Progress put together below.

LinkHere

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter