Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Friday, February 19, 2010

'Family Guy' actress with Down syndrome fires back (at Palin)

My mother did not carry me around under her arm like a loaf of French bread the way former Governor Palin carries her son Trig around looking for sympathy and votes."

buffsteve

Point, set, and match to Family Guy.

Source: Star Tribune
According to an e-mail, Andrea Fay Friedman, who voiced a character with Down syndrome on last Sunday's episode of "The Family Guy" who ticked off Sarah Palin, thinks "laughing is good."

Friedman, a familiar TV face due to guest roles on such popular shows as "Law and Order: SVU," plays a young woman who goes out on a date with "Family Guy" character Chris. At one point she says, "My dad's an accountant, and my mom's the former governor of Alaska."

Friedman sent an email to the New York Times and other media outlets after Palin called the episode "a kick in the gut" on her Facebook page and her daughter Bristol called the show's writers "heartless jerks." But the Times only printed an innocuous excerpt of that email. Here it is in full:

"My name is Andrea Fay Friedman. I was born with Down syndrome. I played the role of Ellen on the 'Extra Large Medium' episode of Family Guy that was broadcast on Valentine's Day. Although they gave me red hair on the show, I am really a blonde. I also wore a red wig for my role in 'Smudge' but I was a blonde in "Life Goes On." I guess former Governor Palin does not have a sense of humor. I thought the line "I am the daughter of the former governor of Alaska" was very funny. I think the word is "sarcasm."

In my family we think laughing is good. My parents raised me to have a sense of humor and to live a normal life. My mother did not carry me around under her arm like a loaf of French bread the way former Governor Palin carries her son Trig around looking for sympathy and votes."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter