Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Iraq war hero wins UK's top military honour
A soldier from the Caribbean island of Grenada has become the first person for 23 years to win Britain's highest military honour, the Victoria Cross.

Private Johnson Beharry, 25, joined the British Army in 2001 and served in Iraq last year.

He received the award for two separate acts of heroism in which he saved the lives of more than 30 colleagues during insurgent attacks.

After sustaining head injuries during an ambush, Private Beharry managed to drive his comrades to safety before losing consciousness.

"I just feel like glass in my face, not knowing what happened," he said.

"I was just thinking about the guys in the vehicle and the guys behind me and my safety. I just carried on."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200503/s1326909.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter