Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Thursday, March 05, 2009

Daily Show's Jon Stewart Rips Into CNBC (VIDEO)

The Daily Show on Wednesday was supposed to feature guest Rick Santelli, a reporter on CNBC. Santelli is infamous for his rant against Obama's mortgage plan, calling homeowners who are struggling to pay their loans "losers."
Santelli backed out, or err, "bailed out," as Stewart put it, from the interview. Instead, Stewart launched into a nearly nine-minute take down of the business news channel. Here are some of the highlights:


"If I had only followed CNBC's advice," Stewart says at one point, "I'd have a million dollars today. Provided I started with a 100 million dollars."
There is also an interview with alleged $8 billion ponzi schemer, Allen Stanford. The reporter asks: "You managed to avoid the subprime debacle almost entirely. What told you it was not a wise move?"
Stewart jumps in: "I ran a ponzi scheme! Instead of investing the money, I stole it!"
Stewart says of Stanford and the reporter interviewing him, "F*ck you. You know, between the two of them, I cant decide which one of those guys I'd rather see in jail." LinkHere

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter