Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Jean Biden Dead: Joe Biden's Mother Catherine Dies At 92

Rest In Peace Jean Biden
Catherine "Jean" Biden died today in Wilmington, Delaware, surrounded by family, according to a statement released by the White House.
Born Catherine Eugenia Finnegan, the mother of Vice President Joe Biden was 92. She had recently been "seriously ill" per reports.
The vice president went to the hospital to be at her bedside.
Joe Biden mentioned his mother during an address at the Democratic National Convention in 2008 and recalled the advice she gave him as a child:
"As a child I stuttered and she lovingly would look at me and tell me 'Joey, it's because you're so bright you can't get the thoughts out quickly enough.' When I wasn't as well-dressed as the other kids she would look at me and say 'Joey, oh, you're so handsome, honey, you're so handsome.' And when I got knocked down by guys bigger than me, and this is the God's truth, she sent me back out and said 'Bloody their nose so you can walk down the street the next day!'"
More from the Associated Press:
WILMINGTON, Del. -- Jean Biden, who raised her son Vice President Joe Biden to believe in what he called "America's creed ... everyone is your equal," died Friday after falling seriously ill in recent days. She was 92.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter