Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Sunday, February 06, 2005

For Johnnie

The Valiant

"Fear is not an option!"
I heard the General say.
So I turned to face the battle,
That would be my final day.
Men who were my brothers,
Marched with me toward that hill.
To confront men we did not hate,
Yet we had to kill.
We were all so young.
In uniforms of pride.
Our tears of pain and fear,
Were all that we could hide.
We left the cover of the forest,
For the field that was our war.
Fighting for king and country,
Like so many men before.
There the battle raged.
And exploded into the night.
My panic found some courage,
And I fought with all my might.
But, alas, my fate did find me.
I felt the mortal blow.
I gave up so much for my country.
More than you could know.

Christy Cole

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter