Just Foreign Policy Iraqi Death Estimator    

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

We did not come to fear the future. We came here to shape it

Extraordinary watch the GOP

LinkHere
Rep. Wilson shouts to Obama during speech: 'You lie'

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A Republican House member shouted "You lie" during President Obama's health care speech to Congress on Wednesday, and members of both parties condemned the heckling.
After the speech, South Carolina Rep. Joe Wilson issued a statement apologizing for his outburst. "This evening, I let my emotions get the best of me when listening to the president's remarks regarding the coverage of illegal immigrants in the health care bill," the statement said. "While I disagree with the president's statement, my comments were inappropriate and regrettable. I extend sincere apologies to the president for this lack of civility."
Wilson also called the White House to apologize and spoke with Obama's Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, who accepted the apology on the president's behalf, according to a senior administration official.
"We can disagree without being disagreeable," Emanuel said to Wilson, according to the official. "That was the point of the president's speech."
The outburst came when Obama denied that proposed health care legislation would provide free health coverage for illegal immigrants. Immediately, Wilson shouted, "You lie!" LinkHere


Son of Joe Wilson Launches Attorney General Campaign
xultar
WOW. Let's just take his career out now and get a 2fer everyone.
I wonder how he feels about his dad's outburst and how it impacts his own career.
Source: The Palmetto Scoop!
Alan Wilson made it official Tuesday: He’s running for South Carolina Attorney General.
Wilson kicked off his campaign at the Columbia Chamber of Commerce building in Columbia with his wife Jennifer, one-year-old son Michael, parents Joe and Roxanne, and other family members at his side.
“The reason I am standing here at this moment can be wrapped up in one word, and that word is ‘family,’” Wilson said. LinkHere

Opponent Of Obama Heckler Raises $350,000 Since Speech
daytimesky2000 I just contributed, and here are the updated totals:
Supporters: 10,494
Raised: $380,026
The American hero of Faux new and the GOP set.
Rep. Joe Wilson's (R-S.C.) untoward outburst Wednesday night has had a positive effect for at least one person. Rob Miller, a Democrat planning to run against Wilson in 2010, has taken in more than $350,000 from over 5,000 people through the website ActBlue.com since his opponent heckled the president.
A sizable chunk of the money has come from Daily Kos readers through a group called "Defeating the man who yelled 'liar' at Obama."
Miller ran against Wilson in 2008; National Journal called it the congressman's "first serious challenge." A retired Marine and an Iraq veteran, Miller ran without any help from national Democrats as a social conservative and critic of the Bush administration. During that campaign, he blogged for the Huffington Post about his reasons for running:
I never thought I would run for Congress -- or feel like I had to. I have always thought of myself as a Marine. I started thinking that way not long after my father died when I was 14 years old. Since I enlisted at the age of 20, the Marine Corps has been my extended family and I couldn't imagine that would ever change.
But it did after my second tour of duty in Iraq -- where I fought to maintain the peace, but also to enable Iraqis to build better schools, improved hospitals, to help create jobs and, where possible, a stable economy and civil society.
When I returned home to my wife and six year old son, I saw that the politicians in Washington were not fighting for these same things at home. Worse, the congressman who represented the second district where I live -- Rep. Joe Wilson -- was part of that elite circle of George Bush loyalists who chose to enact a radical agenda, never mind the lives and wellbeing of the constituents he was pledged to represent.
LinkHere

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter