WASHINGTON — Unpredictable and tough to solve, the stack of problems on President Barack Obama's desk is growing unwieldy. It's presenting him with a tough juggling act.
Two wars, a financial crisis, lingering high unemployment and an exhausting battle over health care. And that was just the start.
Now throw in an environmental disaster in the Gulf of Mexico and an attempted car bombing in Times Square. And there are other pressing matters, such as dealing with the increasing menace of Iran's nuclear program, trying to get the Middle East peace process back on track, searching for a new Supreme Court justice and trying to persuade Congress to approve the most sweeping rewrite of financial rules in 70 years.
And Obama is striving to juggle these problems while he and his party brace for potentially big midterm election losses in November.
"Safe to say, there is a lot on the president's plate," White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said at his daily briefing on Monday when pressed by a reporter on Obama's timetable for interviewing and selecting a new Supreme Court justice. LinkHereIrishLover -
. Won the election against all odds
- Faced down the worst financial crisis since the great depression
- Reached out across the world to signal a new era of Global community
- Showed Leadership in tackling the most pressing problems of today
- Weathered the season(s) of h8 and lies and fear
- Guided the military to a plan of action contrary to the previous administrations' dithering
- Challenged members of congress to roll up their sleeves and get to work
- Kept focus on and ACHIEVED the goal of expanded health care reform (a CENTURY of trying)
- Achieved access to millions more Americans to seek out an affordable quality education
AND DID IT ALL AGAINST AN OBSTRUCTIONIST PARTY OF NO (WHO THOUGHT THEY HAD WON SO MANY TIMES IN SO MANY WAYS ONLY TO FAIL ! )
Don't count this man down and out Republicans . *wink
THE PRESIDENT OF THESE UNITED STATES!
priceless (.) period..
Your irish friend ,
An Irish Ladvendorwrites
I wish I could remember all the of the challenges that President Obama faced when he entered the White House, and the things that he has accomplished. Can anyone help me????
1. Ecomony was on the blink and a possibility of another Great Depression
2. Panademic (SWINE FLU)
3. Pirates on the High Seas
4. The (2) American Reporters that was jailed in IRAN was released
5. 2 Wars raging in the Middle East
6. The nomination of Sonia Sotomayer for the Supreme Court
7. Stimulus Package
8. Liddy Ledbetter Law which now make it illegal to pay man more than women for the same job 9. Healthcare Reform
10. Helping to change the world in a positive light about America
11. Must handle the Immigration Laws in America
12. Oil Spill in the Gulf
13. Terrorism here in America, from the underwear bomber to the latest one in New York
14. Regulating Wall Street
It is amazing all the challenges that he has faced and all the others that are still lingering. I am
so grateful we have such a intelligent and thoughtful President!!!!
How easily they forget 8 years of Bush Cheney, just a reminderLook at our society: American's prefer force over negotiation, simple explanations over actual understanding, sound bits over actual news, grand gestures over actual accomplishments.